Educating 504 students about services

Students with IEPs are identified through special education and connected with VR services/transition services. However, schools have different individuals oversee 504 students (counselors, vice prinicipals, etc.) and getting these students referred by the schools has been very problematic. At the high schools I work with IEPs are only given to students with learning disabilities. 504s are for students with other health impaired (i.e., physical disabilities, emotional/mental disabilities, etc...).


29 votes
30 up votes
1 down votes
Idea No. 73