Disconnect between schools, voc rehab and adult services

As someone who has worked in both the education and rehabilitation services fields, I have observed a serious disconnect between schools doing IEPs/ITPs and the regional VR and adult programs. VR cases should be opened while the student is still in school (Jr and Sr years) and the regional VR counselors assigned should attend IEP/ITP meetings along with an appropriate adult service provider or guidance counselor if student is college-bound



54 votes
54 up votes
0 down votes
Idea No. 212